Meadow Ridge Estates
is a master designed bungalow community created using the principals of open space design and environmental conservation in mind. Over 75% of the 56 acres of property has been maintained in its original state offering nature at your doorstep, peace and tranquility while still being only minutes to all the amenities of Lower Sackville and only 20 minutes to Halifax.
Each home site at Meadow Ridge Estates backs onto protected greenspace which will never be developed, because it belongs to you and the community. Phase 1 offers 24 home sites, including 8 semi-detached homes and 16 single-family homes including options for homes built on slab or with a full basement. Phase 2 will offer 32 home sites in the future.
All homes are designed with aging in place in mind, which means you can stay in your home longer by planning for the future. Every home constructed carries an Energuide 85 or better rating, which means your home heating and cooling costs will be very reasonable. We currently offer 12 home designs with flexible open concept spaces offering either single or double car garages, 1 to 3 bedrooms plus den, energy efficient mini ductless heat pump systems, maintenance free exteriors, a full Year Home Warranty and much more. Plus, all homes come standard with custom stone exteriors, wood stained entry and garage doors and 30 year architectural roof shingles. You choose your cabinets, light fixtures, flooring, wall colors, siding color, stone style and color, roof shingle color, trim style and interior door style.
Our Turn Key home packages are designed to maximize value, quality and style… making a home purchase in Meadow Ridge Estates a wise investment now and into the future.
Why Open Space Design?
Conservation Design Principals
By designing a community by embracing conservation we have created a place to call home that will exist in harmony with nature now and into the future.
- Conserving at least 60% of the natural environment is a requirement, we decided to do better and conserve 75%
- Conserve and protect water sources
- Maintain the natural rural character of the area and community
- Offer homeowners access to the natural landscape to explore and enjoy
- Focus is on building less roads and allowing more open green space
- Significant biological features such as mature forests, individual mature trees, marshes, wetlands, critical habitat, pools, ponds and riparian zones are preserved and enhanced as recreational and ecological desired features
Quality of Life Benefits of Conservation Design
- Creates a variety of formal and informal public spaces for social, recreational and quality of life benefits within the neighborhood.
- Offers a variety of recreational spaces and activities which may include group activities such as picnics or, biking or walking in natural areas, or observing the plants and wildlife that thrive in the preserved habitats which can make a noticeable difference in the quality of daily life.
- Homes in these types of developments will be increasingly valuable as homebuyers increasingly demand access to nature and efficiency with the residences they purchase.
Thoughtfully implemented conservation design practices are beneficial to the natural environment in a number of ways:
- Protected water quality
- Reduced flooding
- Protected habitat and biodiversity
- Protected and recharged aquifers
- Reduction in carbon outputs and greenhouse gas emissions